U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 31-year-old member asked:

I recently had surgery on my right foot and my cast is really painful. is there anything that would help?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. David Hettinger
Podiatry 37 years experience
Have it replaced: If your surgeon feels the need to keep you in a cast, it has to be reasonably comfortable. A "really painful" cast needs to be removed and replaced.
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Podiatry 36 years experience
Cast pain: Yes - get it off and a new one to replace it. See your surgeon asap.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat commented
Podiatry 23 years experience
Elevate the foot to minimize the swelling and contact your surgeon and have it evaluated.
Dec 11, 2013

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.