U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 51-year-old female asked:

I have a sore bump on my vulva. i think it is a ingrown hair. any help with treatments . i am using a cortezone cream currently.?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. AARATHI Cholkeri-Singh
Gynecology 20 years experience
Stop the cream: I recommend stopping the cortisone cream. It is a steroid and can thin out the vulvar tissue. If you do have an ingrown hair you can apply a warm washcloth to the area to see if the plugged area opens up.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 27, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.