Los Angeles, CA

I had about 5 to 6 ct scan between nov and dec could i have cancer in my lungs by now or dose it takes more then 6 scans of radiation to develop canc?

Dr. John Geisler
Gynecologic Oncology 28 years experience
CT scans: Cancer takes a long time to develop. If it happens this quickly, it would not have been caused by the ct scans.
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology 48 years experience
Perhaps the chance : Of getting cancer from a ct scan is in the range of 1/ 10-100, 00. So your risk would be 6/10, -100, 000. If you did not hae the ct's, your team would not know how to treat your pulmonary problem. Forget the cancer risk and get well.
Last updated Mar 12, 2020