how long can a tooth abscess go without treatment?

Dr. John Comisi
Dentistry 38 years experience
It varies: Unfortunately, there is no set answer on this. Everyone responds differently to the infection process. It is strongly advised to have this type of problem attended to as soon as you possibly can to prevent the infection from spreading and causing some serious illness.
Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 41 years experience
Varies: The only thing that is certain is that it will continue to get worse without treatment. Remember that this is an infection that is in your mouth , but can affect all different parts of your body. Once the infection gets in the blood stream, it can go many places. Best not to take a chance by waiting. Also, the longer you wait the harder it is to treat the infection and generally it is more painful.