Great Britain

hi my front bottom tooth has become painful over past 4 days and now is excruciating and raised up, also i am very swollen under my tongue and painful?

Dr. David Schleimer
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Root pathology: It is very likely that your lower tooth has a root infection or "apical pathology" significant inflammation at the apex of the root can create enough hydraulic pressure to raise the tooth (extrude) and cause pain in and around the area(s). See your dentist or endodontist asap.
Dr. Earl Sandroff
Dentistry 43 years experience
Infection..: Sounds like you have an infection in a lower front tooth and it is spreading. First thing is to get an antibiotic started from either your md or dmd. Just get it going asap. Your tooth feels higher because the infection can force a tooth to rise. If you wait too long you could lose your tooth, but we can hope a root canal will let you keep it. Again...Get started on an antibiotic.

Last updated Sep 9, 2015