what can i do with my fear of delivery pain?

Dr. Rahil Malik
Mental prep: If you can, attend classes offered for delivery preparation. They help you mentally anticipate and prepare.Find comfort in knowing that a lot of safe options are available to control pain during delivery and your delivery can be quite comfortable with adequate preparation.
Dr. Ralph Boling
Epidural is a great medical option, some hospitals also have patient self administered nitrous oxide inhalation pain control.
Dec 1, 2018
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Counsel OB MD: You need to talk to a OB GYN MD and possibly a therapist. If you are already pregnant start with the OB MD who can help you with delivery preparation. Knowledge of delivery events offset fear. If you are not pregnant, speak with a therapist prior to conceiving to decide if this is a course (pregnancy & delivery) you want to pursue or not.