is it possible for a ct scan of the head *without* contrast to show an unruptured brain aneurysm?

Dr. Andres Katz
Vascular Surgery 49 years experience
Depends : Calcification can give an idea of an intracranial aneurysm, but contrast study is essential for a complete study and the amount of contrast used in ct imaging of the brain is small.
Dr. Shadi Abu Halimah
Vascular Surgery 21 years experience
Usually not : Unless there is calcium in the aneurysm wall which is rare in brain aneurysm or it large aneurysm then we can see them without contrast.
Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology 33 years experience
It is: possible, but not probable. The aneurysm would have to be relatively large, and even then the noncontrast appearance may not be specific.