can chewing trident gum replace brushing your teeth?

Dr. Dominick Curalli
Dentistry 20 years experience
No: Chewing trident gum can be helpful if it is sugar free as this can stimulate saliva and buffer acids in your mouth. You still need to brush and floss your teeth to remove the plaque that can cause cavities, gingivitis, and gum disease.
Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 41 years experience
NO, NO, NO: Get the message ! :) gum chewing is a great thing to do when you are unable to brush, but it is not a replacement. The chewing stimulates saliva which washes away some things and alsobegins the digestive process with enzymes. In addition, the mechanical action helps cleanaway debris. So ... Keep chewing, but keep brushing , too. :).