A member asked:

My daughter 2 years of age & prescription +17 in right eye and -3 in left eye. guide me patching schedule.?

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Johanna Fricke answered

Specializes in Pediatrics - Developmental and Behavioral

I think it's best to: Check with the pediatric ophthalmologist who prescribed the patching & ask for a written schedule. Our pediatric ophthalmologists use eye drops instead of patching.

Answered 12/11/2012

5.4k views

Thank
Dr. Amin Ashrafzadeh answered

Specializes in Ophthalmology

Doesn't sound right!: Anisometropia or a difference between the prescription of the eye is a serious issue ANS must be treated. I have never heard of an eye +17... That is exceptionally rare if true. I strongly suggest a good reexamination and possibly under anesthesia. You need to be followed strictly by an ophthalmologist and very strongly suggest a pediatric ophthalmologist. Optometry is not adequate here!

Answered 11/24/2014

5.4k views

Thank

Related Questions

Sponsored Content
HealthTap Medical Group does not endorse products or services. Sponsored content revenues support our mission to make health information free and accessible to all.Learn more