Las Vegas, NV

is there a pill that can help with my neuropathy and anxiety at the same time. i've tried neurontin and lyrica (pregabalin) didn't help?

Dr. Joseph Weiner
It depends: It depends on what's causing your neuropathy. Sometimes older medications called "tricyclic antidepressants" can help both anxiety and neuropathy. New medications such as duloxitine and venlafaxine can also help. Finally, don't overlook behavioral techniques such as visualization exercises which can decrease pain sensitivity and also help anxiety. Hope this answer helps.
Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology 19 years experience
Another choice: There is a medicine called amitriptyline that may help. It is often used to reduce the pain that may occur with neuropathy. It is not officially indicated for anxiety, but it was once used as an antidepressant. Gabapentin and lyrica (pregabalin) have no benefit to anxiety.