A member asked:

What is good for a heart burn? the pain is in the middle of my chest and its going threw my back. it burns really bad :(

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Gina Cadena-forney answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Changing diet is essential. Reducing spicy foods, coffee, alcohol, citrics, fatty foods is very important. Also stopping the use of anti inflammatoriesi. In the meantime you can use an acid reducer like Prilosec or zantac (ranitidine). Tums works well for some people. If you don't get any relief, you should see your doctor. In some cases this problem is caused by a bacteria called h. Pylori.

Answered Mar 2, 2015



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

A member asked:

What can be good for chest/heart burn ?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor