What is good for a heart burn? the pain is in the middle of my chest and its going threw my back. it burns really bad :(

Dr. Gina Cadena-forney
Diet changes: Changing diet is essential. Reducing spicy foods, coffee, alcohol, citrics, fatty foods is very important. Also stopping the use of anti inflammatoriesi. In the meantime you can use an acid reducer like Prilosec or zantac (ranitidine). Tums works well for some people. If you don't get any relief, you should see your doctor. In some cases this problem is caused by a bacteria called h. Pylori.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 2, 2015