U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old male asked:

My son suffers from adhd add anger and depression cause of lack of control what meds should i discuss with his dr?

2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Lawrence Smith
Clinical Psychology 31 years experience
Complete assessment: I'd recommend that you discuss your son's symptoms with your doctor as well as your goals for him and his behavioral goals for himself. Your primary care provider can assist you with necessary referrals to ensure that you have a treatment plan in place that addresses all his symptoms and goals. Medications, likely those for adhd, may be a part of a comprehensive treatment plan.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Psychiatry 43 years experience
Get evaluation: Your son needs a thorough medical and mental health evaluation to determine what's happening with him, before any new medications are discussed. If he's already taking some, these need to be reviewed carefully during the evaluation. Depending on your son's age, a child psychiatrist would probably offer the most comprehensive understanding. His family physician can provide general health eval.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 30, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.