PA

taking ortho tri cyclen (ethinyl estradiol and norgestimate) for perimenopause symptoms for 3 months, having headaches, insomnia, night sweats, is 0.35 mcg of estrogen too much for me?

Dr. Chevies Newman
Doubtful: You could go down but consider that hormone fluctuations are the biggest cause of problems are yours are steady, did the problems worsen after starting the pill. That pill has that dose of estrogen for about 7 days. To you clinch your teeth at night? Do you have anxiety? You may need to treat this directly. Clonazepam 1-2 mg a couple of nights per week can be a lifesaver if ur sleep deprived.
Dr. Jose Bolanos
What?: I would recommend you get a second opinion.

Last updated Oct 4, 2016