U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Hesperia, CA
A 28-year-old female asked:

My hcg 11/29/12 1157 12/1/12. 501 12/4/12. when up to 959. will i be having a miscarriage? please help i'm confused and worried.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Chevies Newman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 24 years experience
Yes: A decreasing b-hcg is not the sign of a viable pregnancy. I'm sorry, it's not gonna work out. You'll be ok. It will not affect your chances for the next one. We can find out so early now that many miscarriages that would have been un noticed get noticed and the rate of miscarriage or no implantation is as high as 70% of conceptions. Don't play the no baby ever thing on yourself; good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.