I've been off my Synthroid (thyroxine) 50 mcg for three weeks now will i go into a coma or something? Will it damage my heart? I am starting meds again soon

Dr. Beth Howell
41 years experience in Psychiatry
Please restart: Your dose suggests that you have mild to moderate low thyroid. Without your medication you could expect weight gain, hair loss, constipation, depression, feeling cold, and feeling lethargic. In cases of severely low thyroid, coma and heart damage can occur. This is not you now, but please restart your medication.
Answered on Jan 26, 2015
1
3
Dr. Eric Levin
Dr. Eric Levin commented
40 years experience in Psychiatry
And go back to the Dr. who prescribed the synthroid and tell them why you did what you did. Have a heart to heart discussion so that you are clear why you need this medication.
Sep 25, 2013