my lingual frenulum is very swollen as well as the area around it. my bottom gums are very red. been this way for 3 days now. what should i do?

Dr. Dominick Curalli
Dentistry 20 years experience
See your dentist: If you are not seeing improvement after 3 days make an appointment to have your dentist check the problem. There could be many different causes and he or she is the best person to help you figure it out.
Dr. Sander White
Cosmetic Dentistry 50 years experience
Get a diagnosis: Your symptoms may or may not signify that something is wrong. If you are suspecting something is not what it should be you must seek to have your symptoms diagnosed by a competent practitioner--usually a dentist.
Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. Meng Synanswered
Dentistry 38 years experience
See your dentist.: Soft tissue wounds heal fairly quickly if there is no infection. Swelling, pain and redness suggests an infection. See your dentist to diagnose this issue as soon as you can. In the mean time, keep the area clean with light brushing, and salt water rinses. Take over the counter pain meds if you are not allergic.
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Cosmetic Dentistry 33 years experience
See your dentist.: The very best thing to do is to see your dentist. I do not know from what you wrote if the area is painful or not or how long this has been going on and i don't know your dental history, but I do know that seeing a dentist as soon as you can is the first thing to do.