Had arthroscopic knee surgery 2 mos ago but fell 2 days ago, and painful swelling, could i have reinjured it?

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery 32 years experience
Yes, but probably no: I tell all my patients how to protect their knees after surgery often with bracing and/or crutches. My guess is that most fall at some point in the early postoperative period. So you are in good company. It really spends on two things: what exact surgery was performed, and how bad was the fall? You should check with your surgeon to see how concerned he or she is. A quick check alleviates anxiety.

Last updated Mar 22, 2012