France

i put on 7lbs in 3month on 250 depakote a day .will i keep gaining at such a low dosage?what safe medication can i take to lose the weight?

Dr. Jordan Balter
Weight gain: The first thing you should do is talk to your doctor about whether Depakote is the only med that you can take. Your dose is extremely low, so it is unclear why it is being used at all. Weight gain does not always depend on dose. If you must stay on Depakote there are meds that can help prevent weight gain: topamax, (topiramate) Axid and metformin, although how "safe" the latter is may be questionable.
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Depakote ?: Can cause weight gain, but this depends on what u eat , how much u eat and how much u exercise..In addition i agree that 250 mg unlikely to be helpful.