Indonesia

I can make sound (cracking/popping) inside my right ear and also comes when swallowing. is it eusthacian tube disfunction? could it cause deafness?

Dr. David Jakubowicz
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 22 years experience
Tmj vs etd: Crackling sounds in the ear can either be related to problems with the jaw joint or tmj, problems with the eustachian tube or etd or tinnitus . A way to tell is to open and close the jaw with a finger placed in the TMJ socket which is roughly the pocket created when one opens the mouth and places a finger directly in front of the ear canal right at the level of the sideburns. Deafness unlikely.

Last updated Jul 17, 2015