U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Mackinaw City, MI
A 20-year-old female asked:

I have a rash and swelling and a very low white blood count. what could cause this? i have been to almost every doctor. please help!

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Marvin Den
Internal Medicine 46 years experience
SEE A HEMATOLOGIST: You need to see a dermatologist, a good internist or a hematologist. The question here is which is causing the other. Do you have a fever ? What is the nature of the rash?
Dr. Thomas Klein
Allergy and Immunology 42 years experience
?immune problem: The low white blood cell (WBC) count is of concern. O you have a history if frequent infections? Neutropenia or lymphopenia could lead to infections. I can't connect the rash and swelling unless you have something called mastocytosis where the bone marrow is taken over by mastocytes leaving not enough room for the white cells to grow. Get checked by a hematologist and allergist.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 4, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.