i'm trying to stop using meth. i'm fine for 1-2 weeks then break down and use again, what can i do?

2 doctor answers
Dr. SCOTT JAFFE
Suboxone: Suboxone is a great way to detox. You must be off of Methadone for 3 days befor eyou begine Suboxone treatment. A physician must have a special dea license to prescribe suboxone. I have this license. Please call my office at (239) 498-5760.
Answered on Feb 18, 2015
1
4
Dr. Pamela Pappas
41 years experience Psychiatry
Hi Dr. Jaffe -- I could be wrong, but when the patient said "meth." I thought he meant methamphetamine rather then methadone. With shortened terms, it's hard to know. But to your knowledge, is suboxone a reasonable way to detox from methamphetamine?
Oct 22, 2012
Dr. Robert GalatzerLevy
49 years experience Child Psychiatry
12 step programs: The main feature of an addiction is when you are no longer in charge and that't what you are describing. !2 step program, like aa seem to be the most effective means of combating addictions. Recognizing that you have a serious problem and getting started now is the most sensible thing to do --- waiting until the time between uses get entirely out of hand may be more convincing but the price is hig.
Answered on Apr 5, 2014
1