should i tell my doctor if i use cocaine?

Dr. Jeff Blixt
Addiction Medicine 24 years experience
Yes: The very fact that you are asking that questions implies you have some concerns about your drug use. Which is a good thing. If you trust you doctor this is a very important conversation to have.
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Yes: Particularly if you are concerned with your use and you want help. In addition, a doctor can tell you if there are potential underlying heart issues or other health problems that may make Cocaine use even more dangerous for you than it is for the average person. If your doctor is not expert in drug issues, he can refer you to someone who is. A website (www.Asam.Org) can identify expert phsycians.