Will i have a lot of pain after a brow lift? will i need strong pain medication to control the pain from a brow lift? i don't like taking pills.

3 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

This : This is a good question. Commonly our patients do not have much pain after this procedure, but a minor headache due to tissue elevation off of the bone. We perform long acting nerve blocks and this helps considerably. Further, all of our patients receive a scopolamine patch the evening prior to prevent nausea. Be healthy and be well, james m. Ridgway, md.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Thomas Lamperti answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

I : I normally prescribe a narcotic pain medication for use after brow lift surgery, though the pain is usually more of a headache sensation than anything. You don't necessarily have to take pain pills. Ice packs can also help with the recovery process.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Benjamin Cilento answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

Hi, : Hi, I use a mild narcotic pain medication generally and this satisfies most patients needs.. Most patients experience a band like headache and it is relieved by head elevation and cool moist cloths placed over the forehead and eyes.... Very rarely a patient will need more attention and i usually adjust on a case by case basis. Hope this helps.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views