My cold sore is scabbed up, but i picked at it and it bled. I forgot to wash my hannds, and then touched my boyfriends penis. The cold sore isn't a lump anymore, its even with my lip and all thats left is a scab.

Dr. G Funari
Dr. G Funari answered
44 years experience in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
The : The risk of transmission of the herpes virus can occur at any time, even when you are not symptomatic (asymptomatic transmission). Your boyfriend should wash himself completely and discuss the situation with his doctor. Transmission of the virus can occur by both direct and indirect (touching something that you touched) contact.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016