my husband's toothache started last night and has causeda swelling on his face this morning. when i came home awhile ago from work, i saw my husband's face gas doubled due to the swelling. it has also affected his eyes. he stilldoesn't want to go to the e

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Your : Your husband needs to go to the emergency room asap. It appears he has a severe infection from a tooth which has not spread into the soft tissues of his face. This will not go away by itself. The infection needs to be brought under control with antibiotics and possibly and incision and drainage. Failure to treat will allow the infection to spread further, possibly turning a simple dental problem into a life threatening situation. Please have him get treatment now.
Dr. G Funari
Dr. G Funarianswered
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
Failure : Failure to treat this problem could lead to the infection spreading to his eye (leading to blindness), to his brain (death) or chest (lung or heart infection leading to death). Enough said? He should have been seen in an emergency department by now...If not get there immediately.
Dr. Jean Edderai
Dentistry 35 years experience
Waiting : Waiting for the worst to happen is not an option! please go to your nearest emergency room asap, his infection needs to be under control with antibiotics and anti- inflamatories. Don't wait any more....... Let us know the outcome. Good luck!