A male asked:

My tooth hurts and i went to get a root canal and still hurts everyday and i want this pain to go away cand im home and its nigh help

Dr. Harry Aronowitz
Orthodontics 44 years experience
Call : Call your doctors office in the morning and describe what you are feeling. The doctor may want to see you or prescribe something. If you cannot reach your doctor or the doctor on call try your local dental society who maintain a list of dentists available for emergencies.
Dr. G Funari
Dr. G Funarianswered
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
I : I assume that your root canal is completed. It is not unusual to have some pain after completion of the treatment due to residual inflammation of the tissues around the root of the tooth. This can be managed with Motrin or advil (ibuprofen). I may also be present if there was an infection in the bone as a result of the death of the nerve. If the discomfort does not slowly resolve contact the dentist who performed the procedure for instructions.
Dr. Jerry Gordon
Specializes in Dentistry
I : I suggest you see your dentist to have the tooth evaluated. The filling put into the tooth could be too high and may need to be adjusted. If the root canal has become re-infected, an antibioitc may be needed or the root canal re-done. In some cases, the tooth will have to be extracted.
Dr. Jean Edderai
Dentistry 35 years experience
Please : Please call your treating dentist and try to get an appointment for further evaluation. Good luck!

Last updated Aug 20, 2018