had a root canal and crown tooth still hurts?

Dr. Douglas Tavenner, jr.
Cosmetic Dentistry 50 years experience
See the Dentist: The dentist needs to check for 3 general possibilities: 1) there is still infection at the end of the root where the root canal was done. 2) the crown is higher than the rest of the teeth and you are biting on this tooth first. 3) the root may be split.
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Possibly normal: Every case is different. It depends on how much pain, how long after the procedure, is there any noticeable swelling, and how does the tissue look around the tooth. It is best to have the dr. Who performed the root canal evaluate the situation. It could be something simple like a high spot on the crown, or something more serious. Get it checked!
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
May be normal: What you describe may or may not be normal following a rct visit. It depends upon many factors. Was the rct completed? Was infection present? When was your last visit? How painful: 1-10? Is it getting better, worse or the same? Sometimes it takes a few days to feel better. The best thing to do is to discuss this with your dentist and have it re-evaluated if necessary.