while you are pregnat is it easier for you to have more sore throat more frequently i'am in my first trimester and i have been having a lot of sore throats n hoarseness in my voice for weeks now is this something serious

Dr. Daniel Weiss
46 years experience Endocrinology
Infections : Infections of this type are not more common in pregnancy. It may be that you had been exposed to someone with an infection recently. Check with your OB if you do not improve over the next week or two. Sometimes it takes a while (several weeks) for hoarseness to improve after a viral infection. I hope you don't smoke since that can slow healing and be bad for the baby.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016