My blood pressure reads 174/117 on my at home blood pressure cuff. should i go to the hospital? i had high blood pressure during pregnancy which resulted in having to be induced at 38 weeks. my pressure remained high at my 6 week visit and i was told to c

Dr. Steven Guyton
Thoracic Surgery 46 years experience
The : The combination of a headache and blood pressure that high means that you should seek medical attention urgently. If you have a physician, call the office and speak to a nurse or physician. Talk to the physician covering for your doc, or go to an urgent care center. If none is available go to the emergency room.
Dr. Milton Alvis, jr
Preventive Medicine 41 years experience
Hi BP ALongTermIssue: See: https://www.Healthtap.Com/#user_questions/894734 rec: find good help outside hospital for long term success, the bigger issue. Internal pain, anger, frustration, obesity, possibly fear can all be big issues. Docs commonly focus on only physical treatments for bp, eg acei, b-blocker, hctz (hydrochlorothiazide). You have the most to gain/loose. Work to recognize/use the control you have, whatever approaches chosen.
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Maternal-Fetal Medicine 26 years experience
Go to ER.: If this is an accurate bp, it merits medical attention asap.

Last updated Dec 13, 2020