Is it ok to take primatene tablets? i have really bad allergies and was prescribed singulair (montelukast) two years ago. zyrtec does not help me. symptoms persist and now i also have chest tightness and i squeek when i breathe at night.

Dr. Joram Seggev
Specializes in Allergy and Immunology
Agree : Agree with both answers. From what you describe you probably have seasonal asthma that is not controlled on what you are taking and you need to receive appropriate prescription medication.
Dr. Thomas Johnson
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 27 years experience
I : I recommend that you see a provider and receive appropriate therapy.

Last updated Sep 21, 2017