if a dentist pull your teeth will it hurt ? if a dentist pull your teeth will it hurt even if you get a shot in your mouth ?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Once : Once your dentist gives you an injection, the medication will "numb" the gums and bone around the tooth that is to be extracted. You will not feel any pain during the procedure. Sometimes, patients will express that they feel "pressure", but not pain. This is normal. Depending on how complex the extraction is, you can expect a bit of post operative discomfort which can be taken care of with pain medications.
Dr. Chad Gretzula
Specializes in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
If : If you have the right anesthetic it shouldn't but the area where the tooth used to be will hurt slightly for a few days after it is pulled out. You can ask for topical gel prior to getting the "shot" where the anesthetic is going to go and this will help. You can also ask to be put to "sleep" by an oral surgeon or ask if the dentist does nitrous oxide ( laughing gas) which will help as well.
Dr. Neil McLeod
Prosthodontics 49 years experience
You : You should not experience pain when you are treated. That is an out of date concern that was superseded years ago. Dentistry in all its phases is comfortable and pain free. This is america! dr neil mcleod dds dentistry that lasts - quality that counts.