A male asked:

I have a strange tongue pain from out of nowhere my tongue just started hurting all of a sudden for no reason. the back of my tongue hurts whenever i move it, and it especially hurts to swallow. last week i had a 103 fever and a sore throat, but they we

Dr. G Funari
Dr. G Funarianswered
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 46 years experience
Without : Without examining you it is difficult to come to a conclusion. You history of fever and throat pain points to an infection, possibly viral. These typically take a week to 10 days to run their course. Persistent symptoms should be evaluated first by your personal physician then, if no cause is found, by your dentist.
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Cosmetic Dentistry 34 years experience
See someone!: Whatever it is, it needs to be properly diagnosed. The difficulty will be determining who can diagnose it since the symptoms you described can be something a dentist, physician, neurologist, etc. Handles. I would start with either the dentist or physician, whoever can see you first, and go from there.

Last updated Dec 1, 2017