Is it normal procedure to follow up w/ my doc every 4 months after having a total hysterectomy and sm uterine tumor removed? i am 52 yrs old and last november 2011 during my annual pap smear i also had an inter-vaginal ultrasound to check on a ovarian cys

Dr. Mabel Obeng
Yes : Yes it is normal procedure. If here is anything problem such as recurring cancer, your doctor will be able to find it sooner and help you get the care you need to keep you healthy, the visits will space out as you continue to do well after the surgery. Best wishes.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology 32 years experience
Possible: If the pathology was not normal, increased and more frequent follow-up may be warranted. If all the pathology was normal, you probably do not need more than an annual exam.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016