How do i know if i have a serious head injury i got hit in head 5 times in different places from punches. there is only one spot that hurts when i touch and that is the temple. i don't know if i have the " battle sign" behind my ear but its starting to hu

Hello. : Hello. I can't diagnose your condition. I am assuming that you did not have a loss of consciousness since it was not mentioned. You could have a mild concussion without loss of consciousness. You might feel dazed, have blurred vision, nausea or vomiting, headache, confusion ad problems with your short term memory. A more significant injury could present with loss of consciousness, recurrent vomiting, persistent confusion, restlessess, feeling weak, a bad headache, loss of memory, slurred speech, feeling very tired and inability to walk. A basilar skull fracture requires a lot of force and can present with the “battle sign” bruising over the mastoid process. There can also be raccoon eyes (two black eyes) and clear liquid leaking from the nose or ears. If these things apply, then you may have a serious injury and should get medical attention.
Dr. Douglas Miller
Pathology 41 years experience
Even : Even if you are a physician, and it doesn't sound as if you are, you can't be your own physician. You need to see a doctor, one who will thoroughly evalute you for acute brain injuries and perhaps order ct or MRI scans to see what injury may be present to the skull or the brain. Whether your injuries are from sports (boxing, other types of combat sports) or an assault you need to be properly assessed. Don't delay.

Last updated Oct 4, 2016