How do i ask questions that get informative answers from medical staff caring for my sister? and be assertive about my concern? my sister was just transfered out of i.c.u. after 2 weeks. she was in a serious auto accident and has broken: leg, hips, pelvis

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Mary Engrav answered

Specializes in Emergency Medicine

The best thing may be to ask the quality management patient to help you and explain your concerns to them. Be fair in your assessments but be honest and explain your concerns. They can sometimes hold a care conference with the providers to explain the family's concerns. I am sorry that the hospitalization has been such a frustrating experience in the setting of such serious injuries to your sister.

Answered Oct 3, 2016

5.3k views