How do i ask questions that get informative answers from medical staff caring for my sister? and be assertive about my concern? my sister was just transfered out of i.c.u. after 2 weeks. she was in a serious auto accident and has broken: leg, hips, pelvis

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engravanswered
Emergency Medicine 33 years experience
The : The best thing may be to ask the quality management patient to help you and explain your concerns to them. Be fair in your assessments but be honest and explain your concerns. They can sometimes hold a care conference with the providers to explain the family's concerns. I am sorry that the hospitalization has been such a frustrating experience in the setting of such serious injuries to your sister.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Brett Noorda
Dentistry 27 years experience
Become informed: Medical personnel are not mind readers. To get informative answers, you must ask informed questions. Learn about your sister's condition so you can ask about it with some knowledge. Use correct terminology so that the medical personnel really understand what you are trying to ask. If they answer in a way that you don't understand, ask them to give it to you in layman's terms.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016