Do i have appendicitis? i am having severe pains in my right side. the pain is between my lowest two ribs near my hip and also in my lower back. it hurts to breathe and when i pull my right leg up to my chest, it hurts quite a bit. it started yesterday an

Hello. : Hello. I do not know if you appendicitis. Sometimes the pain from an inflamed appendix can start around your naval. The pain usually worsens and then can be felt in the area of the appendix (right lower quadrant of your abdomen). Usually the area is tender when touched. You likely don’t feel like eating if you have appendicitis and you can experience nausea, vomiting or a fever. You indicated that you have been coughing & sneezing which makes the pain worse. You certainly could have strained muscles from this. I once coughed so hard that i broke my rib. The way I am visualising your pain, it doesn't jump out as appendicitis. However, with that said, appendicitis can have a number presentations. The basic recommedation in medicine, is that any new source of severe abdominal pain should be emergently evaluated. So, it you are having severe abdominal pain (i was having a hard telling if it was flank/back) you should have it evaluated post haste.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016