I am having surgery and getting put under anesthesia all the way i have been on percocets and did not tell them. i am not taking them 24 hours before. what are the risks? is that a medication that is severely dangerous with anesthesia? i heard suboxine wa

I : I know you feel apprehensive about telling your doctors the truth about your drug use. Have you failed a pain contract? It is unfair to hand the risk of your health over to a doctor, knowing that you have not shared important medical information. This is crucial. You are part of the medical team. As the patient it is your responsibility to give the anesthesiologist an accurate account of what you have been taking.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology 32 years experience
Pain and bleeding.: Your major concern should be poor pain control after the operation. Your other concerns should include increased bleeding from the Acetaminophen that you have been taking. I strongly urge you to let your anesthesiologist and surgeon know before the operation so that together can discuss your risks and alternatives.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016