I have a lazy eye, it is negatively affecting my life. is there anything i can do to fix it? i had laser surgery when i was a baby, and my doctors put the eye patch to strengthen the eye, but i kept taking it off (since i was a tot). is there any type of

Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Ophthalmology 45 years experience
Beyojnd : Beyojnd what you have already done, the best thing you can do is to where the best eye correction in terms of glasses or contacts.
Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology 31 years experience
Research : Research varies in terms of when it is 'too late' to improve vision in patients with lazy eye. Most eye doctors agree that the critical period of time to treat is between 4 and 9 years of age. The problem is that lazy eye, which is actually called amblyopia, is a problem where the wiring between the eye and the brain does not form properly. And once you are hard wired, it can't change. If an eye wanders consistently, then surgery on the muscles can be performed to straighten out the eye.
Dr. John Kim
Dr. John Kimanswered
Ophthalmology 22 years experience
If : If you are over the age of 12, your vision from the lazy eye will not improve. That is why it is important for a child to have a early vision screening and if a treatment is needed that it is followed through. Now, if you are talking about being crossed eye then there is a surgery to correct this.

Last updated Oct 4, 2016