what can be causing a lot of pain on the outer side of my left calf for several weeks now and i haven't bumped it that i know? i am on my feet all day at work and walk a lot of distance in a factory that is 1 and a half times the length of a football fie

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engravanswered
Emergency Medicine 31 years experience
Pain : Pain in the legs that comes on without a known history of trauma can be caused by several different conditions. A tendonitis, or inflammation of a tendon in the leg, can cause pain in the leg. This can generally be treated with nsaid's such as advil, (ibuprofen) ice, and rest. Muscle pain from the calf muscle would be treated the same way. If there is increased pain or swelling, then the patient would have to be seen for an evaluation.
Dr. Ernest Isaacson
Podiatry 21 years experience
Tendonitis: Use a high top shoe or boot to stabilize the ankle, and see a podiatrist or orthopedist. There are many good ankle braces that will allow you to walk pain free while the ankle heals, and there are also very good long term remedies.