Yesterday i had a shock sensation in my head that lasted 1-3 seconds. no medical issues. what was it? under lots of stress with family issues . 4 bipolar people depend on me. i have been rn x 39 years . i have never taken anxiety agents or antidepress

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Just : Just to answer your question, one strong probability, from the timeline relationship of significant stress and appearance of a neurological symptom, is your body's expression of a psychological response to stress. "the nerves" for that matter (which doesn't really have to involve just the extremities). You may want to take measurements of your vital signs like heart rate and blood pressure since changes in these body systems are often associated with stress.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Hello, : Hello, this sensation is sometimes referred to as a "brain zap". I am estimating that you are in your late 50's to your 60's, just by the length of time you have been an rn. One symptom of menopause can be an electric shock sensation in the head. This can be accompanied shortly thereafter by a hot flash. Another cause for this sensation is anxiety.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views