If i move my hand along the bottom of my jaw all the way to the end i can feel a small ball. what is this? if i move my hand along the bottom of my jaw all the way to the end i can feel a small ball. all i need to do is place one finger along the bottom e

This : This is likely to be a swollen submandibular lymph node which has become enlarged due to your cold or sore throat.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. David Jakubowicz
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 24 years experience
The : The submandibular gland - or saliva gland is also in that area and can also be enlarged and cause pain. But i agree with the previous answer as it is likely an enlarged lymph node, as there are hundred of them in the neck and they enlarge in response to infection.
Last updated Oct 4, 2016