Does a neck lift require a long recovery time? what kind of recovery does the typical neck lift surgery entail? i want to improve the look of my neck and eliminate my double chin. will my activities be restricted for a long time, or will i be able to resu

Dr. Benjamin Cilento
Facial Plastic Surgery 23 years experience
To : To a certain extent it depends on how extensive a procedure you require. Lifting the neck can be done in several ways including submental liposuction, face lift, and submental platysmaplasty to name a few... In general however you can go back to work in 5-7 days provided you dont mind wearing a garment on your neck and that you refrain from strenuous activity for 2-3 weeks. Hope this helps -bwc.
Dr. Edward Ray
Plastic Surgery 23 years experience
It depends.: Recovery time depends on what kind of neck lift you have. If you have a flabby neck, liposuction may be needed (maybe not even an actual "lift" which implies removing skin). If the skin is loose, a procedure to remove skin and tighten the neck muscle (platysma) is performed. Recovery can be up to 6 weeks for swelling. No exercise for 3 weeks during which my patients wear a neck garment.
Dr. Anthony Perkins
Plastic Surgery 15 years experience
Usually 2 weeks: After a necklift most patients are off work for 2 weeks. Depending on the procedure performed some are at work after a week. In order to eliminate a double chin i would usually perform platysmal tightening (maybe resection), liposuction and skin removal.
Dr. Tanveer Janjua
Facial Plastic Surgery 30 years experience
Necklift recovery: 1 week - brisk walk 2 week - running 3 week - lifting weights return to work - 2 weeks.
Dr. Uzma Chaudhry
i know of a non invasive neck lift. buy them at www.lookingood.myitworks.com. get the body applicator and just cut it into 4-6 pieces to fit your neck, to save some for later, and you just put it on your neck for 45 min and it should get smaller. i heard it works in most people.
Sep 14, 2013