Does a neck lift require a long recovery time? what kind of recovery does the typical neck lift surgery entail? i want to improve the look of my neck and eliminate my double chin. will my activities be restricted for a long time, or will i be able to resu

8 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Benjamin Cilento answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

To : To a certain extent it depends on how extensive a procedure you require. Lifting the neck can be done in several ways including submental liposuction, face lift, and submental platysmaplasty to name a few... In general however you can go back to work in 5-7 days provided you dont mind wearing a garment on your neck and that you refrain from strenuous activity for 2-3 weeks. Hope this helps -bwc.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Edward Ray answered

Specializes in Surgery - Plastics

It depends.: Recovery time depends on what kind of neck lift you have. If you have a flabby neck, liposuction may be needed (maybe not even an actual "lift" which implies removing skin). If the skin is loose, a procedure to remove skin and tighten the neck muscle (platysma) is performed. Recovery can be up to 6 weeks for swelling. No exercise for 3 weeks during which my patients wear a neck garment.

Answered 2/12/2013

5.3k views

Dr. Anthony Perkins answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Usually 2 weeks: After a necklift most patients are off work for 2 weeks. Depending on the procedure performed some are at work after a week. In order to eliminate a double chin i would usually perform platysmal tightening (maybe resection), liposuction and skin removal.

Answered 9/9/2013

4.9k views

Dr. Tanveer Janjua answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

Necklift recovery: 1 week - brisk walk 2 week - running 3 week - lifting weights return to work - 2 weeks.

Answered 9/14/2013

4.9k views