is this laser liposculpture a painful procedure? i'm considering laser liposculpture. i researched that it would require a very small incision and the laser would liquefy the fat before it is removed. how exactly will the laser liquefy the fat in my body?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Julio Garcia
41 years experience Plastic Surgery
How : How painful the procedure is depends on how well the anesthesia works. In cases of tumescent liposuction, there are times when you might get to an area where the anesthesia has not worked as well and it might hurt more there. The laser works by essentially destroying the wall of the fat cell in order to make the fat removal easier. It is no less or more painful than other forms of liposuction.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. Dennis Dass
13 years experience Plastic Surgery
Not usually: Liposuction can be done under local or general anesthesia. The recovery is usually very quick. I often perform laser liposculpture under local anesthesia, and it is quite tolerable. Patients are awake and talk to me during surgery. http://www.dassmd.com/liposuction/index.html.
Answered on Sep 15, 2015
1