How soon can i have a body lift after my gastric bypass? i just had a gastric bypass done three months ago and i am starting to feel great. however, i now have this excess skin, especially in my abdominal region. i am anxious to get started on the next st

Dr. Charles Chalekson
Plastic Surgery 29 years experience
You : You generally want your weight to be stable over a fair amount of time. I prefer at least 1 to 1.5 years after bypass before considering skin reduction surgery. Often times after losing a large amount of weight and recovery from the bypass, patients become more active and lose further weight and body fat that isn't seen initially. There can also be variations of your own schedule [e.g., season, work load, etc] that you won't see until you can see that you have plateaued for remain at that level. Hope this helps.
Dr. Julio Garcia
Plastic Surgery 42 years experience
As : As disappointing as this may sound, i strongly suggest you wait until the weight loss levels off because if you have surgery now and continue to lose weight, the amount of loose skin that was removed might not be enough.
Dr. Robert Brueck
Plastic Surgery 48 years experience
I : I would wait until your weight has stabilized and you are not losing any more weight.You don't want to have a tuck and then lose another 40 pounds.So be patient and wait till it stabilzes.Wwwbeautybybrueck.
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Plastic Surgery 41 years experience
About 18 months: Ideally, you should be at least 18 months after the weight loss surgery date and have maintained a stable weight for at least 2 months. You'll also need to ensure your BMI is less than 35. Go ahead and consult with board certified plastic surgeons who have extensive experience with weight loss patients so you will be ready to go when your body is ready to go. Best wishes from CosmeticSurg.net!

Last updated Jan 5, 2019