Will a body lift make me lose sensation of my skin and will it be permanent? i just lost a significant amount of weight. i would like to have a body lift done to remove some excess skin in my abdominal region. a friend told me that this can cause me to lo

5 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. Donny Peterson answered

Specializes in

After a tummy tuck or lower body lift, it is not uncommon to have a permanent change in sensation to the lower abdomen. The degree of change tends to be related to the amount "stretching" or mobilization of remaining skin. The same is true of the outer thighs after a body lift. Lipoabdominoplasty (abdominal liposuction followed by skin removal) and body lifts that are combined torso liposuction followed by excess skin removal may provide one with optimal sensation due to preservation of the blood supply and nerves to much of the stretched abdominal skin.

Answered Jan 5, 2019

5.4k views