Does the eperderal give really bad back pain? i got the eperderal in 2004 and two weeks ago i started getting back pains. i went to a place that does massage therapy it helped i was abel to bend down but then when i put my pants on i can barley left my le

There : There are cases in which a woman experiences pain in the area of a previous epidural, however this is more common if there is some accompanying abnormality like disc disease. I would be more likely to consider this an option if there was significant pain or complications at the time of original epidural anethesia.
Dr. Carl Spivak
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 28 years experience
It : It is very rare to see pain 7 to 8 years after an epidural. Epidurals are done in the same area common for back problems like degenerated disk disease, disk herniations, annular tears, stenosis, spondylolithesis and facet arthritis. It is more likely you have developed a new problem. I would recommend seeing your primary care doctor and/or spine specialist for assessment and investigation of your pain.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016