What is it? i have a black dot on the bottom of my last mole the one before my wisdom teeth i'm 21 year old female i recently went to the dentist and had x-rays and they said i had no cavities and that everything was good this was a month ago what could b

Dr. Andrew Lutzker
Dentistry 36 years experience
I : I would not want to speculate as to what the black spot is without an examination. If this is a new spot that is on your gums and does not go away, then you should definitely go back to your dentist to have it evaluated. I do not understand or agree with your statement regarding x- rays and decay. A spot on the tooth itself could be stain, decay, or from an existing silver filling. This also should be brought to the attention of your dentist.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 36 years experience
Talk toyour dentist: A dark spot can be a cavity, or sometimes stains on your tooth. You did not say if you have any pain or sensitivity. It is a good idea to talk to your dentist aboutn your concerns again, or get a second opinion.
Dr. Gary Chapman
Orthodontics 35 years experience
Stain of some sort: Your dentist has given a clean bill of health regarding your teeth. I suspect what you are seeing is either a stain or ebernated enamel. Ebernated enamel is "affected enamel", the outer covering of the tooth has had repeated acid attacks from bacteria interspersed with healing periods (possibly Fluoride as well) and it heals up. They are usually seen between the teeth as opposed to on top.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016