where in oregon is there a class called bdt for people who has borderline personality disorder i am a 30years old and i have borderline personality disorder the i was seeing wants me to take bdt skills class but the one is salem is not longer give it to p

2 doctor answers
25 years experience Psychiatry
Dialectical : Dialectical behavior therapy (dbt) is form of cognitive behavioral therapy. It was originally developed to help people with borderline personality disorders. Dbt can be used to help people cope with stress without using self destructive behavior, to improve interpersonal relations and to assist with modulating emotions. I have listed some resources in portland, oregon but there is a much longer list of providers who practice dbt in portland, oregon if you check helppro on line. Portland dialectic behavior therapy program, (503) 231-7854, www.Portlanddbt.Com robin friedman, lcsw (503) 348-4085 jody swisher, lcsw (503) 452-5058 bethprana novi, msw, cswa (503) 310-6795. Good luck.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. Jonathan Shedler
14 years experience Clinical Psychology
DBT: I think you are asking about dbt or dialectical behavior therapy. Go to http://behavioraltech.Org/index.Cfm and look up resources for patients. You should be able to find a list of properly trained therapists in your area.
Answered on Feb 26, 2014
1