is the lifestyle lift painful? i don't like my droopy neck and am looking at having a lifestyle lift. however, i am worried that the recovery will be painful. after the procedure, will i be taking pain medication? what kind? how long do patients usually n

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery 21 years experience
The : The level of pain after a necklift and facelift varies from person to person. A lot depends on your pain tolerance. This type of surgery, in general, isn't very painful though I do prescribe a narcotic pain medication for my patients after surgery in case they need it.
Dr. Robert Brueck
Plastic Surgery 48 years experience
You : You may need a necklift or a face/necklift or soemthing more minimal such as a quicklift.This would be determined by what you want and your exam.The majority of my patients do not require pain piulls.The recovery is very easy.I have my patients shampoo their hair the very next day.
Dr. Richard Baxter
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Before : Before considering facelift surgery (brand name and heavily marketed or not) it is wise to consult more than one plastic surgeon so you can get a more complete picture of what to expect. Facelift surgery is typically not a very painful recovery.