Whats going on with me! am i pregnant with still a neg test? dec 10 when i had my period i ovulated on the 24, i had brown discharge on the 6 of jan my period was due one the 7th. on the 8th and the 9th it was heavy bright red bleeding with globs of egg

Dr. Steven Ory
The : The home pregnancy tests are pretty reliable and the fact that you had what sounds like a normal period suggests that you are probably not pregnant. Sometimes we experience (or are more aware) of symptoms that support the notion that we have something that we really want or fear that we have (like pregnancy). If your symptoms continue, it may be worthwhile to repeat the home pregnancy test or to get a more sensitive blood pregnancy test which are greater than 99% accurate. If you have abnormal bleeding or pain it will be important to seek medical attention because tubal pregnacies and miscarriages can develop in this way.
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine 44 years experience
The : The symptoms of pregnancy are extremely variable. Some women have none and others have severe symptoms. The symptoms are also non-specific meaning that other conditions can make you feel pregnant. I think you need to get professional help and track your cycles more carefully so that you know when you are in your cycle and then ignore the minor symptoms suggesting pregnancy until it is possible to be pregnant. Pregnancy tests the pregnancy test is fairly accurate but all pregnancy tests, including blood tests, will be negative if they are obtained at the wrong time. For example, it takes about 10-11 days after ovulation before the blood test is positive and it can take 14+ days before a urine test is positive. I have seen urine tests negative when the blood test is very high, so work with your physician to be sure. Infertility infertility is a frustrating problem but fortunately we are much more successful making a correct diagnosis and then applying a successful treatment. I would like to offer several general comments about fertility potential. O we believe that the fertility rate averages about 20% per cycle (month) o if we start with 100 couples and each month 20% conceive then at the end of 12 months, 92% will be pregnant. We find that about 10-13% of the population will not be pregnant after 12 months of trying. O by 24 months or 2 years, then less than 1% of normal couples would be pregnant o fertility rates in the us are about 147/1000 women at age 25-30 and they fall to 13/1000 women by age 40. So, don't delay too long. O we have tests to help us understand what is causing you to not get pregnant. O i believe that you need to get a diagnosis before we can even begin to have a discussion about treatment. O the wrong treatment can be costly and delay success. O you will need tests for ovulation, anatomy (uterus and tubes), egg quality and sperm quality. Infertility summary: o get tested by a fertility specialist o pick the most costs effective treatment that you can afford o the younger you are when you are treated the more likely the treatment will work i suggest that you work with your physician to get a diagnosis so you can stop worrying. I hope this brief introduction helps you understand better. Good luck.

Last updated Oct 4, 2016